Welcome to Longest Lutheran Lunch 2018
This year we want to focus on children, building on the theme that children are our future. But they are also an important part of our present so we want 2018 LLLu events to be occasions that celebrate our babies, toddlers, children, youth, young adults and their families, where they will feel welcomed and included, and where they can sample the flavour of Jesus’ love through food, friendship and fun.
28 October is the date set aside but if it doesn’t suit, you can find a date that works for your community.
The resources on this site are designed to help in your planning and preparation. We have begun with some 2018 ideas that have a special child-focused theme and these will be added to over the next few months. If you have a great idea for an event, please share it with us and we can add to our list.
All you need to do is register your event by 23 September 2018. We will keep you updated with inspiring ideas, encouragement and recipes along the way. A welcome pack will be sent to you before your event to help with the decorations on the day.
It’s not too early to begin your planning, so think about who you will invite and how your long lunch event will make children in your communities feel special and loved.
Here’s what you need to do
- Plan what you will do for your Longest Lutheran Lunch event. Check out our new 2018 lunch ideas – and there are plenty more ideas from our previous 2017 and 2016 events.
- Take a look at Promotion & Planning page to see how we can support you with resources and ideas.
- Register your event here.
- Keep following us on this website Facebook for regular updates and encouragement as we get ready for our Longest Lutheran Lunches.
- Pray about who you will invite and that you will all be inspired with a heart to share hospitality, service and relationship with others.
- Personally invite those people God places on your heart.
- Prepare for your day so it will be memorable and enjoyable for all who come.
Julie Slaghekke – your Longest Lutheran Lunch coordinator